We are looking for students for the vacancies listed below. Please send your complete application by the stated deadline. Invitations to audition or rejections will be issued only after this date. Unfortunately, it is not possible to deal with enquiries before then. The prescribed works listed in the announcement and invitation are all to be prepared.
Once an audition date is set, it will be announced immediately on this page.
Are you interested in a scholarship?
- Completed university studies (at least Bachelor)
- Maximum age at entry to the academy: 27 years old
- Applicants under the age of 21 are asked to submit a letter of recommendation from their teacher or a member of the Berliner Philharmoniker stating that they are already in the final phase of professional preparation.
- In the case of admission to the Karajan Academy, continuous attendance in Berlin is required.
- Copy of university transcript or certificate of enrolment
- Complete curriculum vitae
Start date April 1, 2024
Application deadline December 10, 2023
Audition January 31, 2024 13:30, Chamber Music Hall of the Philharmonie Berlin
Repertoire Ein klassisches Konzert nach Wahl (1. und 2. Satz) sowie ein Werk aus einer anderen Epoche.
Start date September 1, 2024
Application deadline February 04, 2024
Audition March 8, 2024
Georg Friedrich Händel: Konzert in B-Dur (jede Version)
Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach: Sonata in G-Dur
Louis Spohr: Phantasie
Gabriel Fauré: Impromptu
Claude Debussy: Danse sacrée et danse profane
Paul Hindemith: Sonata
Piece of your choice
Answers to the most important questions about the application and the audition can be found in our FAQs.