“Actively supporting the Berliner Philharmoniker” – this is the motto of our music enthusiasts who have been volunteering for the orchestra since 2007. Their mission: to make the stay at the Philharmonie even more enjoyable for the numerous concert visitors and international artists. Cooperative, knowledgeable and sociable, they answer questions about the concerts and the evening programme, provide information about the concert series or the orchestra’s concert tours, and look after children and young people during dress rehearsals and various special events.
They show people the way, order taxis, and make table reservations for the restaurant after the concert. Last but not least, they look after musicians and guest artists backstage. Dressed in light blue shirts and blouses, a yellow scarf around their necks, they signal to concert-goers: “We are here for you!”
Get involved too!
- you love classical music
- you are outgoing and able to work in a team
- you are also able to stand for longer periods of time
- you are enthusiastic and can inspire others
- are willing to commit to at least one season
- speak German well – additional language skills are an advantage.
- looking after visitors while they are at the concert
- providing orientation as well as information about the building and the orchestra
- looking after kindergarten and school children during dress rehearsals
- approx. 4 hours per week
- introduction to the tasks in 3 to 4 training units of 3-4 hours each
- in-depth insight into the Berliner Philharmoniker and their environment.
- contact with interesting people
- annual reception with the general manager
- travel expenses
- possibility of attending dress rehearsals
Stiftung Berliner Philharmoniker
t +49 (0) 30 254 88 155