The Philharmonie Berlin is not only a musical venue but also an architectural highlight. For this reason, the Berliner Philharmoniker Foundation offers guided tours for individual visitors and special tours for groups through the Philharmonie and the Chamber Music Hall. During the tours, the attendees gain an interesting and comprehensive insight into the architecture and acoustics of the buildings as well as into the history of the Berliner Philharmoniker.
Group tours by advance booking
- Requirements: The 2G rule applies to participation in the tours. Proof of vaccination or convalescence must be shown.
- When: Flexible in time (according to availability)
- Duration: the guided tours take approximately one hour.
- Group size: for groups of 10 or more, a new group will be opened starting with from 16 people or more.
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish, Spanish
- Where: Meeting point for all tours is the artists’ entrance (Doormen of the Philharmonic Hall). Access is possible via the park, coming from Potsdamer Straße. In case the group might arrive late, please, be so kind as to give us respective information under the following phone number: +49 (0) 30 254 88 - 130
- Luggage: For security reasons, large pieces of luggage are not allowed inside the building. Bulky luggage, such as large backpacks or suitcases, can be stored left in the luggage lockers at Potsdamer Platz station (middle plane opposite the entrance/exit of the shopping mall Potsdamer Platz Arkaden).
- Taking photos: please, see General Terms and Conditions
- Barrier-free access: Please note that you have to deal with a great number of stairs during the tour. Unfortunately, our guided tours are not suitable for visitors with reduced mobility. The use of digital voice amplifiers is not allowed.
The fees are valid for groups up to 15 persons. From the 16th person, there will be a new group.
- 50,- € in a foreign language
- 40,– € in German
- 35,– € student groups
- in addition 5,- € / 3,- € per person (students, unemployed, retired and disabled visitors)
- School classes: 35,- € per group (without additional entrance fee)
- For the free cancellation of a booked tour, the cancellation must be accomplished in writing two working days before the date of the tour, not later than 2 pm.
- In case the group does not come, the costs already incurred will be charged as a lump sum of 35,- €. We kindly ask for your understanding.
Online group tours
With our online tours, you can visit the Philharmonie on your computer, tablet or smartphone - from the comfort of your own home.
During a Zoom video conference, our guides lead you virtually through the building and introduce you to the Philharmonie in its many facets.
- Fees: 20 euros per group plus 3 euros per person.
- Group size: from 10 persons and up to 30 persons. From the 31st person onwards a new group will be opened.
- Language: German or English
Please send enquiries by e-mail to:
Please note our General Terms and Conditions.
For the best experience, you need an internet-enabled device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone), preferably with video conferencing capability (sound, microphone and camera), a stable internet connection and an up-to-date web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox).
No registration with Zoom is necessary, as this can also be accessed via your browser.
At the beginning, the guides give a short introduction to how it works and the rules of use, so that this offer is also suitable for people with no previous knowledge of Zoom.
- Join without installing Zoom
By joining via the web browser, you can take part in the online tour without installing Zoom on your device. After you click on the access link in the order confirmation email, the option “join via your browser” will appear in your browser.
To be able to ask questions during the online tour, please allow Zoom to access your device’s microphone and, if desired, camera.
- Join by installing Zoom
If you like, you can download the free software from Zoom and install it on your device. To do this, click on the download link and “Save file”. If the installation does not start automatically, please select the file ending with “.exe” in your download folder to start the installation.
You also received a meeting ID consisting of numbers and an identification code with the access link in the order confirmation email. On your device, open Zoom, click “Join Meeting” and enter the meeting ID. Below, you can enter a name that will be displayed to the other participants.
If you call up the access link before the official start of the online tour, you will be taken to the digital waiting room. As soon as the online tour starts, you will be admitted.
Leaving the meeting
When the online tour finishes, the guide will end the meeting. You don’t have to do anything else. If you want to finish the online tour earlier, click “Leave Meeting” in the bottom right corner.
Detailed information on the use of Zoom can be found here (language selection at the bottom of the page).
You will receive the access link to join the online tour together with your order confirmation by email shortly after booking your ticket. Please also check your spam folder in your email inbox.
Please check your spam folder in your email inbox. If you do not find an email there either, or if your email does not contain an access link, please contact us by email.
You pay per login and can take part in the tour together with other people on one device. If you have purchased several tickets for an online tour, each ticket entitles you access via a separate device.
You pay per login and each ticket allows access via one device. If you have purchased multiple tickets, you can forward the access link to the appropriate people to join the online tour.
Please send your booking request by email.
Even after the reopening of the Philharmonie Berlin, online tours will continue to take place.
Unfortunately, (gift) vouchers cannot be redeemed for booking an online tour.
If you have any other questions, please contact us by email.
Any questions? Please contact:
Phone +49 (0) 30 254 88-134