Guided tours in May
Please note: There are no guides tours on 3, 9, 2. and 30 May 2017.
The Berlin Philharmonie is not only a musical venue but also an architectural highlight. The Berliner Philharmoniker Foundation offers guided tours of the Philharmonie and the Chamber Music Hall. The tours cover the following topics: the architecture and acoustics of the building as well as the history of the Berliner Philharmoniker. Tours are offered in German and English. Tours for exclusive groups are offered in the following languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Spanish and Portuguese. Please note that all tours must comply with our schedules. Visits to the auditorium can not be made during rehearsals. Please understand that you are visiting an operating concert hall and plans may change at short notice.
Guides tours are offered daily (except 24, 25, 26 and 31 December and 1 January)
Starting time: 1.30 pm. There are no guided tours in July and August.
Meeting point: Artist’s entrance (Doorman of the Philharmonic Hall). Access across the parking lot.
Good to know:
- Guided tours last approx. one hour
- The number of participants is limited to 20 persons.
- Registration of individual persons not possible
- Fees are payable in cash only on the day of the tour.
- For legal reasons, any form of photography in the halls is strictly prohibited during rehearsals and performances.
- For security reasons, large items of luggage are not permitted within the building. Bulky items, such as large backpacks or suitcases, can be stored in the luggage lockers at Potsdamer Platz station (near the underground entrance to the Potsdamer Platz Arcades).
- To ensure a smooth and safe running of the tours, please follow the instructions of the guide at all times.
Important notice for groups:
- Groups of more than 10 persons are asked to make a reservation
- If your group is delayed for a booked tour, please inform a member of staff at the Philharmonie (Tel: 030.254 88-134).
- Cancellations of pre-booked guided tours have to be submitted in written form two weekdays prior by 4 pm at the latest.
- Failure to appear for a booked tour will incur a fee of 35.00 euros.
- School groups will equally be invoiced for 35.00 euros if they fail to appear.
€ 3.00 (for students, unemployed, retired and disabled persons)
Schoolchildren are free of charge. Tickets may be obtained from 12 am at the meeting point. The number of participants is limited.
Fees for exclusive group tours:
€ 50.00 in a foreign language
€ 40.00 in German
€ 35.00 student groups
plus € 5/€ 3 per person
School classes booking from us directly receive free admission. Student rates apply in the case of tours booked through concert promoters or travel agencies.
The prices remain valid until the end of the season.
Tel. +49 (0) 30 254 88-134